You can have a complete personalized website from scratch, with custom graphics, to start building your personal brand. You can have a weekly or monthly blogging strategy, including blogging topics/headlines, and posting schedule, so your audience knows when to expect new content. You can have an e-newsletter sign-up or free offer to capture contact information; optimize for search engines based on keywords; add website analytics for tracking purposes, and more.
Are you ready to be different? I am!
My name is Evelyn Helminen. I grew up in a tiny conservative town in Michigan with my fourteen brothers and sisters. That’s right—I’m the third oldest of fifteen kids. Talk about feeling like I had no individual identity!
It’s hard to be different.
- I went to college (same one as two of my siblings)
- I worked at a charter fishing company in Alaska (so did four of my siblings)
- I’m writing a book (my dad already wrote and published one)
- I studied abroad (so did my older sister)
- I learned another language (so did one of my younger sisters)
- I played the guitar (so did like half of my family, including my mom and dad)
- I played volleyball (so did my sisters)
- I played basketball (so did my sister)
- I ran cross country (so did two of my brothers)
- I leaned to paint (alas, the artistic gene runs in my entire family!)
It’s been a mission of mine for my entire life to differentiate myself from my smart and talented family members. I had to join the Peace Corps, move to California, pierce my ears, learn to play the mandolin, and start my own business in order to separate myself from the crowd.
Wait—being an entrepreneur also runs in the family!
- My mom owns a print shop and is a graphic designer. My dad owns a boat and is a charter fishing captain on Lake Superior.
- My older sister is a graphic designer for print and web. She caters to the working man.
- My other three sisters are working on building up their entrepreneurial businesses (although my youngest sister was already making money as an 8-year-old, running a make-shift roadside shop at the end of a one mile dead-end road).
- One of my brothers owns a carpentry business in Alaska.
- The other nine brothers are a combination of entrepreneurial house owners, managers, hard workers, and middle and high schoolers.
It’s hard to be different, but I try.
I love to travel, and keep a public blog about my travels and glimpses into my personal life. View my traveling website. I took my first trip overseas when I was 10 years old, and that opened up my eyes to a big wide world that I hadn’t realized existed. It gave me fodder for differentiating myself, and I have been adding more ideas to my portfolio ever since.
As for my professional life, I have significant experience in graphic design, website design, writing, blogging, and online marketing. My strength is in graphic design and skillfully presenting complex information. What is not readily visible in my portfolio but an integral component nonetheless is my solid organizational ability. That is what I will bring to your marketing plan as well.
I want to be different…do you?
I know I can help you differentiate yourself online as you build your professional online presence. Contact me via email or my contact form for more information. evelynhelminen [at] gmail [dot] com